Yummy! gluten free healthy pumpkin muffins in the oven. Do you love pumpkin as much as I do? I love autumn, the weather starts getting a little cooler, and I start to feel in the mood to start doing some baking. I just love the smell of something baking. The kids love that too, and now with me experimenting with new recipes they all get to be taste tasters, I hope you enjoy these pumpkin muffins. I love to have one of my muffin recipes on Thanksgiving morning after my exercise, with a nice cup of coffee, and some protein on the side. Yummy ! and satisfying start to my day.
Preheat oven to 350’ degree’s F
Grease Muffin pan really well, you can use butter, shortening, or Pam Spray. I tried using paper liners and they stick to the paper. Cool 10-15 minutes in the pan then turn out onto wire rack and let cool completely so they wont break and won’t stick to pan
- 1 2/3 cups flour ( I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour) you use it just like regular flour, the same amount)
- 1 1/3 cups of sugar, or you can use ( Erythritol, or Xylitol, or Truvia baking blend… ) or your favorite. I used Xylitol as it is 1 to 1 with sugar. So I used the 1 1/3 cups of Xylitol instead of sugar. If you use other sugars such as Truvia baking blend, or Erythritol, coconut sugar follow the manufacturers directions. A lot of the sugars are one to one or less, than regular sugar.
- 1/4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 Tsp salt
- 3/4 Tsp Cinnamon ( I used 2+ Tsp, I went by my taste, just taste it)
- 1/3 Cup butter, softened ( I used unsalted )
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree, (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup ( Optional ) Chopped Pecans, or walnuts
In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add remaining ingredients and either stir together with a big spoon until well blended. Or blend on low speed 1 minute scraping the sides of the bowl often. Then beat on medium speed 2 minutes more.
Spoon into well greased muffin tins, makes about 16 filled 3/4 full
Bake until the tooth pick inserted comes out pretty clean, about 20 minutes .
I did two batches one cooked faster one slower…watch it as you don’t want them to be dry, they will be golden brown, not dark.
I send out a weekly mail newsletter if you would like more strategies, “ADD YOURSELF HERE” to my exclusive list of awesome women, and start getting my best insights and tips, on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and mindset