I love this recipe, I have made it a few times now it really hits the spot. Pumpkin is actually not high calorie or starchy carb and is very beneficial for us, helping you fill up fast, sleep better, a very good source of dietary fiber, magnesium, folate, iron, phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Potassium, copper, and Manganese, low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium, Plus it is yummy! Are you looking for some pumpkin recipes that are perfect for welcoming the new season. I have created my Free Everything Pumpkin Recipe Booklet with over 20 delicious figure friendly, recipes and resource links, to more great recipes and products I used in the recipes. You can get your copy here www.crystalpecora.com/freebies or bit.ly/EverythingPumpkinbooklet Also the recipes from my Everything Pumpkin Recipe Booklet fit perfectly into a lifestyle with some treats, and they are made gluten free, with lower sugar alternatives as well. Plus my grandkids could not tel the difference.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and this upcoming holiday season 🙂
- 2 Tbs Gelatin, Vital Proteins Gelatin green label, Great Lakes Gelatin unflavored orange label, or Dave Asprey’s Collagelatin, love his as well, he has collagen to, so make sure you get the collagelatin one if you get his.
- 1/4 Cup Cool to luke warm water(it gels fast)
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened Coconut Milk and 1/3 cup lite Coconut Milk I used , or you could use (1 2/3 Cups Full fat Coconut Milk)
- 1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin which is about (1 2/3 cups pumpkin) (not Pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 Cup or less Raw Honey, or equivalent sweetener, I used 2 TBS of Truvia baking blend, (which is like using 1/4 cup sugar ) taste and see, I loved it
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon + 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice ( I also sprinkled a tiny bit of Pumpkin Pie spice on top when eating it) I love spice you can use less.
- In a saucepan Gently heat the Coconut milk, then turn off the heat, and whisk in everything BUT the gelatin, mix well.
- Put Gelatin in a small bowl and stir in the water, mix really well
- Add Gelatin into the coconut milk mixture and whisk in WELL, so you won’t get lumps. It gels fast so add right way after mixing into the water.
Pour into 6 small bowls, or glasses, or ramekins, and chill 1 hour, ( might be set in 30 minutes ) you can use bigger bowls. I used 6 small ramekins bowls
Some people use an immersion blender to mix the gelatin in well. I would mix the gelatin in the luke warm water in a bowl last like I said Above, then mix it in to the rest of the ingredients as it sets or thicken up fast.
www.vitalproteins.com www.amazon.com www.buletproof.com/collagelatin-net-wt-16-oz for Dave Asprey’s Click on store in his menu bar or search just put in the word gelatin it comes up.. Ha ! I believe The link above will get you there.
I send out a FREE weekly email newsletter you can “ADD YOURSELF HERE” to my exclusive list of amazing women, for my best tips and strategies on nutrition, exercise, menopause, lifestyle, and mindset.